Monday, January 5, 2009

Ben? Or Noel? Or Neither?!

I have a new best gal pal. And if she didn’t exist only in my TV, she would probably accuse me of stalking her. Because I would totally move to New York City just to hang out with her and her friends. They seem like fun. I could be there having Thanksgiving dinner with them, road-tripping across the country, and drinking coffee at Dean and Deluca. They seem to be having a great time and the only thing missing is me! Of course besides selling my house, quitting my job, and packing up my things to head to the land of Yankees (literal and Southernly figurative), I would also have to fire up the time machine. And set it for 1998.

I am completely (and very newly, and therefore sadly) obsessed with the show Felicity. Where the hell was this show when I was in college? Or maybe where the hell was I? It seemed like everyone I knew was watching X-Files or ER or both. The former of which, despite being extremely nerdy in college, I expressed no interest in. What was the deal with the smoking man? And why didn’t Mulder and Scully just get it over with? Seriously. But now, I know what I should have been doing instead of studying and pining for my lab partner. Watching this freakin awesome show.

It’s embarrassing to be closing in on the big 3-0 and be completely mesmerized by the doings of a scrawny, crazy, curly haired college girl. But I totally am. I have the biggest girl crush on Keri Russell. And I am not afraid to say that she should be with Noel. Not Ben. NOEL. And she never should have slept with that art student, although he was pretty hot, and I probably would have….But I do concede that it’s hard to say what should happen being that I am only as far as Season 2, Disc 2. I had to take a break from Netflixing them over the holidays since the family wanted me to get some movies. Movies?! How can they? Don’t they know I’ve been netflixing episodes at a rate of 2 per week for the last month. You have no idea how hard it is to wait three days for a disc (it’s a little remote here and the turnaround time is crap) only to stay up until midnight on a Tuesday watching 8 episodes just so I can return both discs and get two new ones! Sad I know.

Anyway, I had to spend my holidays with the likes of Juno (fab!), Wall-E (fab!fab!), and katherine heigl in the likes of 27 dresses (so not fab, she doesn’t even deserve caps in her name). (Oh, and as a side note, went and saw Rachael Gets Married – got so nauseated with the hand-held camerawork that I had to watch the last hour and half with my eyes closed. MommaMonday thought I was sleeping….not a bad idea…..).

But here I am, back in town, away from the family and my movie obligations, and I’m awaiting Season 2, Discs 2 and 3. They should be here tomorrow, so good thing I’m not GirlTuesday.

Will Julie forgive Felicity for “stealing” Ben? Will Noel sleep with the ditzy blonde on Felicity’s floor? OMG, I LIKE totally can’t wait to find out.

Sadly.

1 comment:

Girl Wednesday said...

Yay!!! My only wish is that you lived in mine and Girl Friday's dorm and could have watched it all with us-- real time!