Wednesday, November 11, 2009

What Really Grinds Wednesday's Gears

I really like food. I love it. And I can really pack it in. Although, after I eat I usually feel sick... undoubtedly because I either eat too fast, or too much, or am probably lactose intolerant but am too afraid to find out for sure. Either way, I like food.

Tonight on the local evening news I learned of a "real danger" known as "orthorexia," and I just want to say- this really grinds my gears.

Really? Eating too healthy? That's like suffering from "not being lazy," or from "getting too many straight A's." I hate when people suffer from these conveniently flattering disabilities.

I've known one too many girls (sorry, yes girls) who claim to suffer from orthorexia. Though I've never heard them use the term "orthorexia." It usually sounds like, "I don't like salad dressing." Or, "Oh I eat fruit for dessert."

Gosh, that really grinds my gears.



Two please.

No comments: