Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Late to the party

Happy New Year!

My apologies for the extended vacation; work has kicked me into the new year with brute force, to say the least. Not wanting to stay away too long, I thought I'd take a belated shot at G'Mon'y's proposed topic from last week and rattle off GirlTuesday's Top Ten 2000's. But, I also thought I'd add a little GirlFriday favorite, as well. And so- I bring you the High-Low of the decade:

2000: High: HT and I finally started dating. Good gosh I can't believe it was that long ago. Low: Losing a leader and a teammate.

2001: High: Family vacation in Maine; Low: Leaving behind a sport that had shaped my childhood.

2002: High: Gaining a sister; Low: The morning I called to get my LSAT Score.

2003: High: OSU wins the national championship; Low: Leaving behind youth, innocence, and the idyllic little place on the hill.

2004: High: A summer in Switzerland; Low: Saying goodbye to a grandfather I never really got to know.

2005: High: Gaining a best friend; Low: My first 1L year grade day.

2006: Low: Letting go of the love of my life; High: Welcoming him back in.

2007: High: Finally moving back to the same city as HT; Low: Watching OSU entire botch a national championship.

2008: High: Spending an incredible year honing my skills in legal academia; Low: Watching my big brother deploy.

2009: High: Getting Married; Low: Working my rear-end off. Over and over again.

No comments: