Tuesday, March 24, 2009

It had to be you

I am writing this entry in advance this week because HusbandTuesday, yes, that's right, and I will be departing on Monday for our honeymoon. With that in mind, I will keep this week's blog short, sweet, and to the point.

Husband Tuesday and I were married this past weekend, and I have to say, honestly, that things went just about as well as they possibly could have. Sure, the weather was kind of cold, and sure, we forgot a couple of pictures and had a couple relatives that no-showed at the last minute. But even sitting here, replaying the day in my mind. there are very few things I would change. And, because mommaTuesday is a reader of this blog, I must give her a heartfelt shout out for EVERYTHING she did to make the day possible. And that goes far, far beyond just cutting the check.

I wish more of my friends were regular readers of this blog, because all I can really say this evening as I sit here packing my bags is how truly grateful both HusbandTuesday and I are for the deep bonds of friendship we have forged over the years, and the truly spectacular network of friends and family that we found ourselves surrounded by yesterday afternoon and evening. I could not have asked for a more touching, intimate, and personal evening with loved ones, and I cannot wait to watch our married lives blossom and grow in with the nurturing love and support of such a fine network of friends.

No comments: