Friday, April 24, 2009

The Bright Side

The recession is not fun.  It has affected my life quite a bit.  I think about the state of the economy all the time, and I know it's just terrible and sad.  However, I am a believer in GirlTuesday's philosophy.  I can't help but think of the positives in life during this gloomy economic period. I choose to focus on all that is wonderful in my life.  I hope I'll always be able to do that, no matter what difficulties I face.  Here are some of the things that help me realize that I should be a happy person:

1. After a long, stressful day at work that had me really wound up, HusbandFriday suggested we head to Borders for a walk-around (a favorite pastime of mine) and encouraged me to purchase a French pop CD that lifted my spirits.  I don't know what I'd do without my buddy there to force me out of pouty moods.

2. My husband was away last weekend, and MomFriday insisted on me calling her constantly. If I went out at night, I had to call her when I got home.  I had to call her when I woke up in the morning.  I got several check-in calls from her during the day.  Perhaps most professional 28- year old women wouldn't be crazy about such doting, but I love it.  My mom will never stop being obsessively concerned about my welfare and happiness. It may be slightly annoying at times.  But it's a true blessing.

3. I have so many friends I can count on.  They make me laugh (another favorite pastime) and are so wholly there for me whenever I need them.  It is truly miraculous.

4. I have the best dog in the world.

5. I am healthy, as are most of my loved ones.  I have plenty to eat and clothes to wear.  I even have some pretty fabulous purses.

6. I love television, movies and music and have plenty of access to all of it.  

7. Oh yeah, I have a job.  If that changes, you may have to call me on my optimism.  Until then, I'm happy.

2 comments:

Girl Thursday said...

This is a GREAT blog GFriday!!! I have to agree with everything you said... :)

Janet said...

I am going to go back and reread this when I am feeling pouty myself.