Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Dreamy TV Woman Pick of the Week: Nanny Fine

Oh Mr. Sheffffffield!
Lately I've been addicted to The Nanny reruns on Nick at Nite. Am I crazy? Because I feel crazy.















Look, I can't help it. I spent formative childhood years in Queens, NY where everyone looked and spoke like Nanny Fine. We shopped at Loehmann's. We screamed out our apartment windows, to the people on the sidewalk below. And we all dreamed of meeting and marrying a rich prince who lived in Manhattan.
After moving to eastern Long Island, I somehow managed to find the one 11-year-old girl who all the other kids at the beach club called, "the nanny" because of her accent. Her mother even looked just like Fran Fine.
I like that Fran Drescher co-created and executive produced the show, and that the show had millions of viewers and dozens of celebrity cameos during its run. I like the way Nanny Fine is a Lucy of the 90s. I also like Fran Drescher. Her personal story is about overcoming some tough stuff, which I really admire.

1 comment:

Girl Friday said...

I think Fran Drescher is awesome!