Wednesday, February 17, 2010

What Really Grinds Wednesday's Gears: New-Fangled Social Networking Inventions

What the HELL is gmail's "buzz?"
Is buzz the new facebook? (Buzzbook)? I try to ignore that I apparently have 2 new buzzes in my buzz inbox (my buzzbox). I try to ignore the colorful little conversation bubble that draws me in. Because when I click on it, I have no idea what to do- I see that I am following people (who I've no memory of following), and some people (much fewer) are following me and I'm not sure why. I'm sorry. I'm afraid I'm not a very entertaining buzzer.
I see my friend has been posting buzzes that I never knew about. What is this secret life he leads? Which status update am I supposed to believe? Are you painting your 2nd bedroom or are you "tired of hearing pants on the ground"!?
Twitter? Facebook? I can't keep up with everyone's virtual outlets-- I'm feeling a little overwhelmed. Good thing I off-loaded myspace. I can't believe I survived the death of Friendster. Ohmygod remember Friendster!?

1 comment:

Girl Friday said...

I was very annoyed with buzz when it first came out, but I am on my way to being a devoted follower. I am done with stupid facebook and so many random people knowing my business. It's really easy to pick who sees your stuff in buzz, which I like. I think we'll all get used to it and it will also get better.
I know remember Friendster, omg. I read recently that Friendster may TAKE OVER as the social network because it is so popular in Asia! Hmmm!